Thursday, November 12, 2009

You gotta fight for your right to..., natural childbirth?!

Okay so according to my Dr. I am officially two day past my due date and it doesn't look like I'm going to be delivering any time soon.
I have had a feeling for weeks now that this was going to be the case. This baby just knows Mommy isn't ready yet.


Yes this past week I have been getting all his clothes and blankets washed and his crib set up. but there are still so many little things I have yet to do!
I need to pack the girls over night bags in case they have to go to Nonnie and Pappy's for the night, and a bunch of other small things that others would think are silly but I dont feel complete without finishing.


And WHY aren't these things finished?


Mainly because I DO NOT move at a normal speed at all anymore, and every time I bend over (or squat down) to pick things up it feels like the baby is just being pushed up into my lungs so I cant breathe!

All of this I can let go. I can just accept that my bathroom is not spotless when I bring him home, I just cant wait to have him home to love on!


My real dilemma right now is my Dr.'s office.

I think my Dr. is AWESOME, I love her! I also love the birthing center where I'll be going.


However, they are completely stuck on the idea that my due date was the 10th.

Now anyone who has done thier research knows that a due date is more of a guess-ti-matte.

Even after an ultrasound you are supposed to give the date a five day leeway, (meaning I could be due on the 15th).

I believe my due date is not until the 15th and to be truly past due would be if I haven't have the baby until the 22nd.

My Dr. went and scheduled me an appointment for an induction for the 19th!!!!!


I know she's worried but shouldn't she see that my body is not progressing into labor and this is my third child, I know what to feel for?

I hate confrontations. I dont want to make her angry, but I think I know my body better than she does.

I DO NOT want to be induced.


So I think I might have to risk making her angry and not show up for the induction on the 19th.

Dum-Dum-Dum!

To Be Continued!......

1 comment:

Jami said...

Go Becka! Go Becka! Go go go Becka! You tell her, man! You are so right and I think you and that stinky baby will be fine. Just be sure to post lots of pictures when it finally does happen, k? ;)