Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PROPER ENGLISH


Tim had a fun experience in English class.
The teacher was trying to emphasis punctuation, on the board he wrote;

WOMAN WITH OUT HER MAN IS USELESS

The female portion of the class was instantly offended, whereas there was a bit of sniggering from the males.
The teacher said, " Hold on, see what happens when I use correct punctuation!"
He then made the following changes;


WOMAN: WITHOUT HER, MAN IS USELESS!

Three little changes to the sentence and it has been corrected!
I guess it all depends on how you look at things. :)

3 comments:

Double Blink said...

punctuation is fun. i teach first year writing at a university. on our "grammar day" i kept getting the word "colon" mixed up with "collin"-- the name of my student.

oh the hilarity. but seriously, grammar has power

Messy Jess said...

you still haven't told me why you are grumpy....

Jess... said...

I am really missing you today. Wish you were here.