Tuesday, November 11, 2008

True Story!

There once was a little girl named Mae, who loved to play and sing all day,

Even while riding in the car, the same tune she would repeat, OVER and OVER.

It got so that you would be glad for any other tune, even red rover!





With ears ringing, her mother pleaded,
"Mae, isn't there another tune you could be singing?!"

Undaunted, Mae kept going on and on.

Finally her mother yelled, "MAE, pick another SONG!"






Without missing a beat Mae replied,
"Well its better than nothing at all!"


When both mother and father bust out laughing in a crazy way,
Mae looked up and inquired, "What did I say?"

When they started laughing harder is when baby sister caught on to the joke,
and laughed it up almost like she'd been given a poke!



5 comments:

Shauna said...

How cute! What fun memories :) Hope your day is as beautiful as you are! ♥ Hugs!

kitchenditcher said...

Absolutely darling! How about movies? Is there one that they can watch over and over and over and over? I remember that!!

Hesses Madhouse said...

So CUTE! I love the photos of the girls. Those are priceless!

Becka Babe said...

About the movies, YES! Our whole family has several Disney and other classics completely memorized. I think repetition is catching though, because even when the kids are not around, hubby and I quote movies to each other!
Princess Bride is a big fav.!

JB said...

so fun!

We use the link from the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary: the first time is funny, the second time is silly, and the third time you're in trouble.

Of course, I never pull that out until the 27th repetition anyway...