Saturday, September 6, 2008

Things I Love.



I just need to write, what I really need is to vent but I don't what people to get the impression that all I do is complain. So I'm going to sidetrack my mind for a bit and go another route.





I love my life.

My parents feel bad that they couldn't give me more as a child, but I'm completely happy with what I had. But I can see where they are coming from when I can't do things for my own children that I'd like. I grew up in the hot, sticky south, where you played in the sprinkler in the heat of the day, swung in the tree swing in the cool breeze at dusk, and ran barefoot catching firefly's after dark.

We were lower middle class, but I didn't know that. I had a big yard, a puppy, siblings, and my books. I didn't want for much else. I also had an extra freedom not many other kids can brag about, I was home schooled. My schoolwork was done in the morning, then I was free to roam. I flourished in the knowledge that my friends were jealous that I got to do all my work in my p.j.'s!

LLLUUCKY! And yes I had alot of friends thanks to a big religious social network.

Coincidentally, I met my husband at a home school get together in the fifth grade. We didn't talk to each other, mainly because I thought he was a big dork. But the fact that we met and fell in love again in high school then didn't make the connection to the fifth grade incident until after our third year of marriage is hilarious!!! It goes to show you never know who your gonna meet!



I love my faith.

I have lived my religion and faith my entire life. Sure there have been times that I've faltered and not held firm to the values instilled in me. But I'm happy to say I came back to the straight and narrow path set before me by a loving Heavenly Father. I'm a member of the LDS church. And the Book of Mormon and the guidance of my latter day prophet are the only things that get my through some of life's trials. I would be completely lost without the Lord. Trying to live righteously is second nature to me, but we all have those times of discouragement. So it always helps to remember my testimony. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon is a true product in result of that visit. Stemming from that I have a wonderful husband who holds the priesthood in our home, and I was able to be sealed for time and all eternity to him.



I'm so in love with him!

I wont go on too long about Tim, because I could bore you with all the thing s that I think are awesome but you'd get sick of hearing about.

Tim and I met (officially) when he was 16 and I was 15. We were at a New years dance, and he thought he was the hottest stuff there. I wasn't of that opinion. I thought his friend was much more appealing. So my friends and I graced them with our presence so I could get to know his friend. Needless to say, I didn't make much progress with Tim's friend, (he was interested in MY friend). A month later I was at another dance keeping an eye out for "the friend" but he never showed up. Then I saw Tim tall and lean, walking with purpose across the gym floor towards the door. He had his head down, trouble in his eyes, impulsively, I stopped dancing with my friends, and shouted, "HEY! Hey You! ( I had forgotten his name, )" He looked up with a confused look on his face, and I smiled really big and said, "SMILE!" He gave me a cute half grin, and kept walking for the door, maybe a little slower now.

I found out later that he was upset because his mother had forced him to go to the dance and once he'd gotten there and his friend wasn't there he was determined to leave. But after my demand of him to smile he walked out into the hallway and instead of leaving got a drink from the water fountain, then, plucked up the courage to go find the girl with the smile.

Sure I saw him later sitting by himself watching me dance with my friends. But if he wanted to dance then he must be a gentleman and ask. I was talking to a friend when her eyes got big and she stopped talking, I looked behind me and he was looking down at me with a grin. Somehow he got me to dance with him, and I honestly don't know what we talked about. But the fact that the conversation flowed so freely was a big turn on!

We were in such a in depth conversation that when the song ended we didn't want to stop talking, so we ended up dancing every dance after that, Literally.

He's still dancing and talking to me to this very day.

Eleven years later, He still brightens up and smiles when I demand it of him too.



That was just our first meeting, I have better stories, funnier too. But that will have to wait, I think I've got a baby fussing in the other room. Later Lovies! ~Me

No comments: