I just want everyone to know that even though I'm rarely ever able to get to the computer I'm always thinking of thing's to write about! The thought, "oh that would be an awesome story to tell" goes through my head at least once a day.
Well we reached Indiana without too much else momentous happening.
And the girls were super excited to see their cousins, and especially the animals.
nu=3265)6+5%29352%29WSNRCG%3D3239%3B28+%3B2%2839nu0mrj.jpeg)
nu=3265)6+5%29352%29WSNRCG%3D3239%3B28+%3B2+26nu0mrj.jpeg)
We go on hiking trips and were outdoors alot around here so I think they just thought we were on another outdoor adventure.
With lots of poop! Mae was astonished at how much poop there was everywhere!
"Why don't they clean it up mama?"
"Because its outside, they don't have too."
"But what if we walk in it?"
"Watch where your going and try not too."
---Grandma walking ahead of us,,,,,,
"Darn it! Steve! I just stepped in POOP!"
---Pop-Pop walking ahead of us,,,,,,,
"Well watch where your walking!"
---Mae,,,,
"Yes, Grandma watch where your walking, now you have to buy new shoes!"
I thought Mae & Liza would be a bit scared of the cows, (they look big to me!) And Mae always says pigs are her fav. animal, so I thought she would be okay w/ them, boy I had that completely backwards!
They were more than fine with the cows, even to the point of trying to call out to them. (Imagine Liza saying MOOOOO! In an irate voice to the stuck up animal ignoring her, how could they!)
But when we went to see the pigs, they were not the cute pink, little sweeties Mae had in mind!
She can blame that one on me, I'm afraid I've disillusioned her with baby touch and feel DK books from day one. Shame on me.

Needless to say she was NOT fond of the pigs.
However the chickens, goat, and kittens made huge hits.
Then while the kids played dress up upstairs us women folk worked our cute lil' hinies off in the kitchen. We made a darn good dinner too if I do say so! Tim's sister made an amazing turkey and his mom made her famous squash casserole, (my sweet potato souffle wasn't bad either.)
All in all we had a great time and would love to go back, if we could make it w/o traffic and carsickness!
That's our trip in a nutshell, so now I can catch everyone up about our Holly, Jolly, Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!! (finally.)
No comments:
Post a Comment