Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Lord Cannot Acomplish his great work without his Daughters.

At the General R.S. conference Saturday night President Uchtdorf made a wonderful point that not every persons (woman's) creative talents lie within an artistic realm. You dont have to be good with a paintbrush or clay to be creative. I love the way he said that our Father in Heaven is the the most imaginative creative person there is, and we being his children are naturally creative in ways of our own.

I was taking notes anyway, So after hearing this I had an idea to just quickly write down what I thought are some of the beautiful creative talents of some of the most important women in my life. I was scribbling really fast so I wouldn't lose my thoughts, so if these seem incomplete, sorry, we can expound upon them later.

My sister Lissa's creative talent is as a compassionate service leader and friend. She is always very observant to others in need and trying to help them out, even if its an inconvenience to her.


My Mother's creative talent is knowledge. She is VERY well read and knowledgeable about anything I need to ask her about. Its a rare thing to encounter something that mom hasn't seen, done, or read about. You can turn to her for anything!


My Mommy-in-law Angel, has the WONDERFUL gift of diligence. She does not give up on any goal, journey, project, faith, or child. Any time I have ever seen her with a dilemma she always sticks it out, and keeps others faith up while she's at it.



Jessica is the epiphany of friendship. She is always there to turn to, to depend on, and to love. When I was in a new ward she was the first person to reach out with love and friendship. Her love is based around the Lord, and so she shares it with all who meet her. She can also make me laugh on the cloudiest of days.



Emily has a gift of independence. When I was pregnant for the first time, Tim and I lived a million miles away from any family. ( That is an exaggeration but it felt like it! )
I was alone but for Tim, and this wonderful woman who lived next door. Through her example, love and friendship I was able to see that I can take care of myself and my family.


My mother found my scribblings. Then I saw later she had added to it.
I seriously debated putting this in here. But I didn't want to get comments saying I
should have.

"I think Rebekah's creative gifts are: Patience with children, enthusiasm in educating children, making her home beautiful, cooking, fashion, (WHAT?!?!? Mom, I'm wearing clothes from goodwill! Whatever,) motivating others, scheduling/organizing." ~Gail Spaulding

2 comments:

Heidi A. said...

What a WONDERFUL entry on your blog! How insightful and strengthening to the rest of us -- to recognize gifts and talents other than those that 'show' most!
I loved your comments as I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk! Thanks for the reminder!

Yes, I'm adding you to our new list http:/?mormonmomswhoblog.blogspot.com

If you like it - we'd love for you to link back to us!

Heidi A. said...

oops, you already did! Thanks!!! :)