Okay so my DEAR MOTHER who I love very much wants to have a Discovery Toys party, but her house is under renovations, so she asks me to have it at my house. No biggie! I told her I'd love to do it.
Okay exactly one week before the big sha-bang, Mae & Liza find my big bag of Nail Polish and dumping out more than 20 bottles of RED, BLUE, PURPLE, WHITE, PINK, BROWN, GLITTER, ClEAR, PAINTTTTTT! THEY DECORATE THE COUCH, THE WALLS, THE CARPET, THEIR CLOTHES, THE KITCHEN CHAIRS, LAST BUT NOT LEAST THEMSELVES, (CLOTHES INCLUDED)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guys, this is PAINT. It will not come off! Some of that nail polish I haven't used since I was 16! I tried everything. Usually when the take crayon to the walls, magic eraser works great, but not on paint.
Okay I get over it, I flip the couch cushion over, put a rug down, hide my chairs up in the office, and tell anyone that comes over the baby dolls were in head-on collision with a G.I. Joe tanker loaded with explosives. (Considering the Candy Apple red Polish on the dolls it not hard to imagine.)
My luck has run out, two days before the part-y, they get ahold of a BLACK SHARPIE MARKER! My living room is dammed to h---. I was able to clean everything they got ahold of BUT the couch cushion that CANNOT be turned over looks as if it took a trip to NY and was graffiti-ed.
I have no money for a slip-cover to put over it, I'm not Martha Stewart and cant think of anything to do about it. And I probably have a TON of my Mom's OLDER friends coming tomorrow, to see how Gail's daughter keeps house,.....
My conclusion to this horror story will come later.
1 comment:
Oh no! That's soooo sad! But will be funny in a few years?! right?! decades?! Wow. I feel for you! Love reading your blog. You're such a good (and funny!) writer. :)
Post a Comment