This year to more fully understand the life and times of the shepherds keeping their watch when the Angel of the Lord came to them the night of Christ's birth, Mom had us re-enact that night. She had a dinner of flat bread, grapes, cheese, and a little grape juice, prepared for us in a sack.
We came dressed as shepherds, ate on the floor then followed the star to the baby Jesus. (Who was conveniently under the tree, then we had to decorate Nonnie's tree, I think she just wanted to get some work out of us!)
Here is everyone (but Tim who was really bummed he missed it,) enjoying our shepherds dinner!
3 comments:
What a great idea! And can I just say that flat bread, grapes and cheese sounds SO good right now!
Hey! I am new here--I love this idea!!
Thanks guys! I'll tell my mom that the idea was well received. btw, I forgot to put in that when we got to the tree at the end we all wrote a good deed that we were planning to do and put it on the tree. We opened them tonight and it was really fun!!!!
Post a Comment